Showing off

Senator
Brigadier
Brigadier

Showing off

Postby Senator » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:20 pm

(Celebratory "KA works" post. In 1280 x 1024 no less)

My babeh! It's alive! *sniff*

That's a mod I did so long ago, I had to read my own Readme instructions & FAQ in the forum in order to put it in the game again!

It can still be downloaded from here: http://www.angelfire.com/trek/sen/SenatorsMods.htm a site, so old, that I have actually forgotten the password to it, (so I can't even fix my bad and shameful english in it)

Lil_Dave
Major
Major

Postby Lil_Dave » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:40 am

*cough, cough*

I think you have mixed up your genres ... is that Star Wars Meets Star Trek?

And for bonus points, can you make them flap?

:)

Nice stuff.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:54 am

Kirk: Lock S-Foils in Attack Position!
Scotty: But Cap'm, the actuator relays are damaged, it will take 4 hours to fix them!
Spock: Captain, we can send the droids out to fix them.
Sulu: Captain, theres an incoming Star Dest...I mean Klingon Battlecruiser coming out of hyper..I mean coming out of warp off the starboard bow!
Kirk: Fire all Proton torpedos!
Chekov: Proton torpedoes sir?
Kirk: You heard me,fire all Photon torpedoes!
*simultaneous roll of the eyes of the rest of the bridge crew*

Senator
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Senator » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:10 pm

*mumbles something about warp drive redundancy*

Moogle
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Moogle » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 am

I rather like the BSG FTL eheheh
You know its kinda a Joke,I am a out of work Social Worker, like wtf.

How many people do I have to sleep with to get some service here?

B!tch please you and I both know that is not your real hair color.

http://www.startrekgaming.com/mog/KAdownloaddatabase/

Senator
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Senator » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Behind the scenes info:
The reason for the ship's shape actually, was that, in KA, power gives the impression of being tied to the warp engines.
In all vanilla ships there is an "auxiliary" resource and a power giving "warp" resource, which is destroyed when you destroy the warp engines.
As a result, the game gives the impression that in Trek, its the warp engines that create the power, rather than some "warp core".

Little Senator then, 8 years ago, figured out that if a ship was to have more power, then it ought to have bigger, or more, warp engines. (That was a realism feature to excuse more weapons instead of just god-modding extra power in)

formerkauser
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby formerkauser » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 pm

I always thought that was stupid about KA. Star Trek ships power isn't wired from the warp core ---> warp engines ---> rest of the ship (of course in Voyager you wouldn't know that :p).
Formerly known as Koloth. :)

I am the Star Trek purist. :D

KA.com night janitor.

Lil_Dave
Major
Major

Postby Lil_Dave » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 am

I always thought that the warp core powered the warp engines and the ship and that the warp core was located in close proximity to the warp engines ... thusly if said warp engines were blown to smithereens, it was sufficiently acceptable to expect that the warp core would be toasted as well.

And the KA team had to let fun get in the way of realism. Realism was nice, but if it wasn't fun then there was no point in doing it.

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:37 pm

The warp "Engines" aren't engines at all. The "Warp Nacelles" are just big housings for the warp coils that get energized from the M/AM Warp "Core" or "Engine" and then warp the space around the ship to induce the warp drive effect. The actual warp "engine" is the M/AM reactor or "core" in the engine room.

Having more warp nacelles on a ship would really be redundant - only one nacelle is needed to create a space warp, I think I read somewhere that 2 was ideal for creating a stable warp bubble. Adding extra nacelles just looks cool and makes the ship look more powerful. Shooting off a nacelle would be a major blow to the ship and would disable warp drive capability but shouldn't cripple the ship's power........in theory!
Beam this up!

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm

I think it may also depend on the ship: earlier schematics of the TOS Connie had the reactors built into the nacelles, rather than in the main hull, implying that the M and AM are piped up to the nacelles separately and mixed there. Later iterations definitely have the intermixing done inside the hull, though.

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

formerkauser
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby formerkauser » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 am

I remember reading somewhere, that Gene Roddenberry demanded that ships came with an even number of nacelles, he really hated the idea of odd numbered ones. :D
Formerly known as Koloth. :)

I am the Star Trek purist. :D

KA.com night janitor.

Return to Screenshots & Videos