Help Please!!!

Tinchazo
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Help Please!!!

Postby Tinchazo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:39 pm

Hello!
My name is Tincho. I´m nearly 25 years old and I´m from Argentina.

You don´t know how it takes me to adquire "Star Trek Klingon Academy" (nearly 2 years) but I have it now!!. Well I wish to ask you something, and please.......I apologize for my poor english. :D

1) I use the battle simulation mode, and I think that the ships (specially the Romulans) fired a limited number of photon torpedoes (I now....the Romulans don´t........they fire Plasma torpedoes). What file/s I need to modify to launch unlimited photon torpedos or plasma torpedoes???.

2) How I can increase the strenght of the ship shields?.

3) Is there any way to reach 9999 k/s during the game or in a battle simulation with any ship??? or increase the Warp Drive speed??.

Well.....that´s all for now. I hope to recieve some help.

Thanks!!

Tinchazo.

diforce
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby diforce » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Tinchazo wrote:Hello!

1) I use the battle simulation mode, and I think that the ships (specially the Romulans) fired a limited number of photon torpedoes (I now....the Romulans don´t........they fire Plasma torpedoes). What file/s I need to modify to launch unlimited photon torpedos or plasma torpedoes???.

All ships in KA have unlimited torpedos
ups....you mean the number of the torpedoes at one time :o

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Welcome to KA!

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the modding FAQ and tutorials in the stickys at the top of this forum, They are most helpful and will get you started in modding KA. Here are the links:

Modding FAQ

Modding tutorials

To change the weapon fire rate (all ships have unlimited torpedos but you can increase their rate of fire) you need to edit the SHP file. Kt'Hyla has a link for his excellent SHP file tutorial.

You can also modify the ship's impulse speed but I don't think you can change the warp velocity.

Anyway, welcome to the world of Klingon Academy dot Com! I hope your stay here is enjoyable. :D
Beam this up!

Tinchazo
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Tinchazo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:31 pm

Scotty wrote:Welcome to KA!

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the modding FAQ and tutorials in the stickys at the top of this forum, They are most helpful and will get you started in modding KA. Here are the links:

Modding FAQ

Modding tutorials

To change the weapon fire rate (all ships have unlimited torpedos but you can increase their rate of fire) you need to edit the SHP file. Kt'Hyla has a link for his excellent SHP file tutorial.

You can also modify the ship's impulse speed but I don't think you can change the warp velocity.

Anyway, welcome to the world of Klingon Academy dot Com! I hope your stay here is enjoyable. :D

Thanks for your welcome!! I´m ver sure to enjoy here.

Well.....let´s go to bussiness..now I have a little problem. My mother opens the CD box and (please don´t ask me how she did it) she destroy the CD 1 of "Klingon Academy", so...........I´m unable to play the game (Damn!!!!!!

It doesn´t mean that I need to ask you ones again, and apologize because it´s my fault to not express the things correctly. This is my question:

1) I know that all ships carry unlimited supply of photons torpedoes. My question in fact is there is a way to fire unlimited, increasing the weapons charge.... for example, instead of firing 5 torpedoes in the Yamato and wait for recharge, I wish to fire unlimited torpedos as the same time. (I hope to make undestand).

2) With the impulse engines, the question remains: Is there any way to put any ship at 9999 k/seg?.

And another question and I stop to bodder you :D ....

Where I can find or download the CD 1 of KA?. I can´t use Kazaa o E-mule from my work (My boss don´t allow to install this kind of programs). Please, help me with this issue.

From another hand, I´m unable to download any of the tutorials that you suggested me. Can any of you send me this tutorials to nx74215@yahoo.com.ar ?? Yahoo allows me to recieve 15 MB from each file that any user send me as attachment.

Thanks again and I see you soon!

Tinchazo.

His Divine Shadow
Colonel
Colonel

Postby His Divine Shadow » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:52 am

I think I can make some of this out, and your english is more than likely better than my Espanol.....

1. If you are refering to burst torpedos, as seen on the next generation, that can be done somewhat with v.5.6 lightwave, which is a computer modeling program, and about as difficult to get as KA right about now. If you are refering to rapid fire torpedos, like on the Soverign (Enterprise-E), then that can be done with any text editor, but you will need the files extracted from the game, which are on KA disk 1. :(

2. Also, impulse speed can be set to 9999k/s and even higher in the same manner as getting rapid fire torpedos. Do bear in mind that unless EVERY ship is set to the same range of speed, you can find yourself ramming everything, typically with disasterous results.... Also, your velocity will read as warp 1 at not much above 9920k/s.

3. I doubt you will find it through P2P, so your only recource is the same long path it took you 2 years to complete, or in other words, you are basically vete a la mierda. Try Amazon.com (doubtful) or ebay (ever so slightly less doubtful). Do not let mom open it. Enshrine it in bubble wrap in a fireproof safe in a block of concrete at the bottom of a mineshaft with guards armed with tactical nuclear devices. :D
Save your tears for the day when the pain is far behind.
Fast and free, follow me. We are soldiers, stand or die.

My Blog

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:24 pm

Welcome to KA Modding! However, we're missing a crucial step here:

Use the KA dat extractor to get access to the files for the ships' specs. You can find the program here (3/4 down the list), and intructions on how to use it are found here (tutorial #5).

As well, a direct link to my SHP File Tutoral can be found here. There's a section at the bottom on what needs to be done to speed up a weapon's load time, plus explanations on how to increase shield strength and impulse speed. However, ships become hard to play if they're too fast, experiment with different speeds.

v.5.6 lightwave is not nessecary for what you're looking to accomplish, Notepad or another text editor will do just fine.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

tinchazo2006
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby tinchazo2006 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm

Hell to all again. This is Tinchazo from Argentina.

I manage to download the CD1 of Klingon Academy....and I can say that I´m back to the road! :cool: :cool:

But.....I have some problems.

I downloaded several mods from "Star Trek Gamers", but when I start to move file.....nothing happens!. I´m unable lo load the new ships, as Galaxy, Sovereign, Neg´var, etc...

I applied the official Patch....nothing, as the famous "no-cd" patch...and nothing.

I tryed to update to version 1.02.........nothing.

I putted the ships in the Qbships.txt file (the ship´s specs)....and nothing.

I installed "automatic mods" as the Galaxy Class.......and nothing.

I tryed to find the SHP file that all of you mentioned.........and I can´t find it. At least, if I´m unable to install new ships....I wish to improve the original ones, just like fired unlimited torpedos at the same time, improve shields strenght, improve disruptos and phasers range (as the same with the torpedoes), etc.

Help me, please!!!

See you out there..

Tinchazo.

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 pm

tinchazo2006 wrote:Hell to all again. This is Tinchazo from Argentina.

I manage to download the CD1 of Klingon Academy....and I can say that I´m back to the road! :cool: :cool:

But.....I have some problems.

I downloaded several mods from "Star Trek Gamers", but when I start to move file.....nothing happens!. I´m unable lo load the new ships, as Galaxy, Sovereign, Neg´var, etc...

< !! Try the tutorial for installing mods: http://www.moddersplanet.com/ka/tutorial.htm

I applied the official Patch....nothing, as the famous "no-cd" patch...and nothing.

< !! I haven't seen a no C.D. patch. KA needs the CDs for the movies on them while you play Single Player

I tryed to update to version 1.02.........nothing.

< !! Just put the Patch.dat file in your main Klingon Academy directory to install it

I putted the ships in the Qbships.txt file (the ship´s specs)....and nothing.

< !! Because the mods aren't installed properly probably, check answer to first question.

I installed "automatic mods" as the Galaxy Class.......and nothing.

< !! Dunno what that is....

I tryed to find thr SHP file that all of you mentioned.........and I can´t find it. At least, if I´m unable to install new ships....I wish to improve the original ones, just like fired unlimited torpedos at the same time, improve shields strenght, improve disruptos and phasers range (as the same with the torpedoes), etc.

< !! For the .shp files you have to extract the data.dat file to get them.

Help me, please!!!

See you out there..

Tinchazo.
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

tinchazo2006
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby tinchazo2006 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Thanks, Raven for your help.

Actually, there are some "patches" that allows you to not use the CD 1 of Klingon Academy (of course, you will not able to see the cinematic scenes...). Here, check it out: http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/gamefixes/dl_startrekklingonacademyv1.02nocdus.htm

For "automatic mods", I was refering to that mods that are design to install by clicking on them, indicating on wich directory they will be installed, etc.

I wish to know if is necesary to install any "official patches" just like updates or any kind of program to make full use of the mods. If that is the case, please indicate wich programs of those are needed.

Well..........tonight I will try it again....I hope to make it!.

See you around....

Tinchazo.

tinchazo2006
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby tinchazo2006 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:12 pm

Kt'Hyla wrote:Welcome to KA Modding! However, we're missing a crucial step here:

Use the KA dat extractor to get access to the files for the ships' specs. You can find the program here (3/4 down the list), and intructions on how to use it are found here (tutorial #5).

The First URL works great, but not the second one...

Kt'Hyla wrote: (...) As well, a direct link to my SHP File Tutoral can be found here. There's a section at the bottom on what needs to be done to speed up a weapon's load time, plus explanations on how to increase shield strength and impulse speed. However, ships become hard to play if they're too fast, experiment with different speeds.

Ok, thanks for the advice. Now........can you tell me if there is a way to assing different max. speed for different ships???. For example I wish to give the Constitution Class a max speed of 5000 k/seg, and the Yamato a full speed of 7500 k/seg. If that make it possible?.

Thanks!!

Tinchazo.

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:23 pm

You don't need any patches at all to play mod ships. Since mods are not supported by Interplay, the game maker, there are no official updates or patches to make them work.

You should only need to install the 1.02 patch (the ONLY official patch for the game) to make it play properly. Some mods will act funny, crash the game or just not work the way you think they should, that is because again, they are not official and some are great, some good and some not so good.

Kt'Hyla's shp file tutorial link seems to work fine for me but here it is again - Click Me!

Like K said, first you will need to use the data extractor program to extract the KA data files. Then you will find the SHIPS folder with the individual ship folders. You then need to edit the .shp file for the ship you want to modify.

The original KA install does not give you the SHIPS or SCRIPTS folders so you will need to copy them into your KA folder after you extract them from the data.dat file.

Adjusting a ships top impulse speed is easy to do and K's SHP file tutorial will show you how to do it. Check it out and if you still have any questions, just ask! :)

PS. Also beware of the mods that come with an .EXE self install program (Auto Mods) A lot of these early self installer mods will screw up your qbships.txt file and mess up your game. My advise is to run the auto installer but make the target destination a temporary folder and then manually move the files to your KA folder. It will save you a lot of headaches if you do it this way.
Beam this up!

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:36 pm

that link dosent work because it worked before the server changed

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Aye, I had to make my auto-installer NOT put the lines in the qbships.txt file... Now they just install the files to the correct directory, but You have to put the lines in the qbships.txt file... One of my early mistakes I've fixed thank god lol.

tinchazo2006 - I wouldn't trust non-official patches anyway, they could mess up the game. Just make sure you have the ablity to reinstall KA should the need arise.

For your ship editing question, Scotty's link works just fine :), it's not all that hard, just make sure to backup the ship file before you edit it, just incase you don't get the effect your wanting. I'd hate to see you have to re-run the dat extractor because you only need one clean file from it again lol.

tinchazo2006
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby tinchazo2006 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Scotty wrote:You don't need any patches at all to play mod ships. Since mods are not supported by Interplay, the game maker, there are no official updates or patches to make them work.

You should only need to install the 1.02 patch (the ONLY official patch for the game) to make it play properly. Some mods will act funny, crash the game or just not work the way you think they should, that is because again, they are not official and some are great, some good and some not so good.

Kt'Hyla's shp file tutorial link seems to work fine for me but here it is again - Click Me!

Like K said, first you will need to use the data extractor program to extract the KA data files. Then you will find the SHIPS folder with the individual ship folders. You then need to edit the .shp file for the ship you want to modify.

The original KA install does not give you the SHIPS or SCRIPTS folders so you will need to copy them into your KA folder after you extract them from the data.dat file.

Adjusting a ships top impulse speed is easy to do and K's SHP file tutorial will show you how to do it. Check it out and if you still have any questions, just ask! :)

Thanks, Scotty!!. Like I said, I will try tonight..........and I hope to run this.........mods!! :D :D

Scotty wrote:(...) PS. Also beware of the mods that come with an .EXE self install program (Auto Mods) A lot of these early self installer mods will screw up your qbships.txt file and mess up your game. My advise is to run the auto installer but make the target destination a temporary folder and then manually move the files to your KA folder. It will save you a lot of headaches if you do it this way.

I Did it in that way, but it doesn´t work. I will to put in action your suggestions and then I will try to install the mods manually...

Thanks again!!

Tinchazo.

tinchazo2006
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby tinchazo2006 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 pm

Darth Raven wrote:Aye, I had to make my auto-installer NOT put the lines in the qbships.txt file... Now they just install the files to the correct directory, but You have to put the lines in the qbships.txt file... One of my early mistakes I've fixed thank god lol.

tinchazo2006 - I wouldn't trust non-official patches anyway, they could mess up the game. Just make sure you have the ablity to reinstall KA should the need arise.

For your ship editing question, Scotty's link works just fine :), it's not all that hard, just make sure to backup the ship file before you edit it, just incase you don't get the effect your wanting. I'd hate to see you have to re-run the dat extractor because you only need one clean file from it again lol.

Thanks to you again, man......by the way, mi real name is Martín, but my friends call me "Tincho". :cool: :cool: Juasssssss!!!! (your "LOL" version... :D )

See you!!.

Tincho.

PS: Can any of you tell me is there is a mod about "Star Trek Enterprise" era????.

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm

Hey Martin, I'm Matt :).

I don't really like the Enterprise era myself, I prefer TNG and newer lol. So I really wouldn't know of any good mods. But if you see any posted by ConFed Fleet Systems, they seem to make some awesome looking Enterprise era mods :).

Good luck man.

Tinchazo
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

The Files needed to modify...

Postby Tinchazo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:20 pm

Darth Raven wrote:Hey Martin, I'm Matt :).

I don't really like the Enterprise era myself, I prefer TNG and newer lol. So I really wouldn't know of any good mods. But if you see any posted by ConFed Fleet Systems, they seem to make some awesome looking Enterprise era mods :).

Good luck man.

Hi Matt!. Nearly in a future we will findo some "ST Enterprise" mods.

Well.....today it´s my birthday. I´m 25 years old now. I will pass the night with my friends, and I will try to install the mods for KA, but I have some questions:

1) You say that I must to decompress the *.DAT file to extract the SHP and begin with my own modifications. Perfect.....but later??. I supose to compress again that file in the DAT file or I must to put the SHP file in some directory?.

2) What files I need to extract from the DAT file and where I supose to put that files after the modifications?.

Thanks!!

Tincho. (Martín).

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Happy Birthday!

Postby Scotty » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi Martin, Brett here.

Once you extract all the files and folders from the Data.dat file you are finished. You don't need to recompile or do anything else other than place these folders in your Klingon Academy folder. There will be a lot more files and folders extracted than you will actually need to get started installing mods. Basically, in the main Klingon Academy folder you will need the following:

SHIPS folder
SCRIPTS folder
TEXTURES folder
OBJECTS folder
GFX folder
SOUNDS folder (optional, but some mods have custom sound effects)
MACROS folder

phasertex.dat file (you need to edit this for certain mods)

just copy these into your main KA folder: Program Files/14 Degrees East/Klingon Academy and you should be set.
Beam this up!

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:29 pm

^^^^^ What Scotty said :)

And happy birthday!

Terran_Defense
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Postby Terran_Defense » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:48 pm

Ut sementem feceris ita metes
You Reap What You Sow

http://www.kadownloads.com/
[email="wedge@kadownloads.com"]Email[/email] me your ship mods, missions, objects, anything related to KA in any size and I'll post them [color=yellowgreen]FREE in my online-file database. You can create shortcut links directly to these so you can make them available elsewhere. (Non-commercial website, all are welcome!) [/color]

Next

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)