next mod WIP

Poktarl
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

next mod WIP

Postby Poktarl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:28 am

I know there are a alot of Voyager's for KA, but you know me I'm a high-res texture monster :D, so here is my concept for a Intrepid Class. To release her, I really need to know how to make the nacelles go up at warp speed. Never before I had a mod with moveable parts, I have no experience with this stuff. It must be done in Lightwave not in the Modeler, thats the only thing a now about. Does anyone have a tutorial for me? That would be nice
:o

MSD
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby MSD » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

I can't remeber the detail but it is related to the options for different Lightwave scenes to be used at different alert states (red, yellow, green etc) which roughly translates into shields and weapons, shields, nothing by default.

If you can find the old Captain Hayes Voyager then that had folding nacelles, only his folded up at red and yellow alert.

If memory serves correctly then you can specify in the .shp file what system statuses trigger the different alert types. You could theoretically tie it in to power being diverted to the warp drive.
I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad in our own little way, but between you and me, we all know who the maddest is.....

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:15 pm

I think that same model is in the new NGA stuff

dunno if it had the movable nacelles,but it probably did

purdy ship tho

Sector1001
Captain
Captain

Postby Sector1001 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:36 pm

The animations in game are controled by the shp file and the .lws animation contained in the ship model folder.Look at the Brel for reference.They can be tied to several options of power status for different systems just as texture "lighting" is tied to power power status.
The Void-

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Re: next mod WIP

Postby teeth_03 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 am

So...did you ever finish this Poktarl?

Poktarl
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Postby Poktarl » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:35 pm

teeth_03 wrote:So...did you ever finish this Poktarl?

I'm sry, no, teeth. No motivation currently :oops: . Meanwhile I've found another Intrepid Class mod with better textures. If I ever gonna finish this ship, then with the new textures.

And I could need some help with the animation scene file for the warp pylons. This specific tutorial about moving parts was never released by Kt'Hyla. Do you know any source for that?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 pm

I don't think anyone is going to be upset if the Nacelles dont move, its such a minor detail since you don't see ships go into Warp that much

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Poktarl wrote:
teeth_03 wrote:So...did you ever finish this Poktarl?

I'm sry, no, teeth. No motivation currently :oops: . Meanwhile I've found another Intrepid Class mod with better textures. If I ever gonna finish this ship, then with the new textures.

And I could need some help with the animation scene file for the warp pylons. This specific tutorial about moving parts was never released by Kt'Hyla. Do you know any source for that?

It should be possible to reverse engineer from the old Bird of Prey.

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)