Malfunction Klingon mission builder

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Malfunction Klingon mission builder

Postby LeDaniel » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 am

How work klingon mission builder ???

I start klingon mission builder, i see loading sreen, than black screen with -READING IN SYSETM...PLEASE WAIT. And i´m waiting, waiting and waiting,but after ten minutes , nothing change. I press sometimes ESC, and i´m in dark space. OK, but
press Q - i can choose system ?
press M - move builder to where???
press I - adding ships ???
press W - enter stardate ???
press ? - ship available???

How can i with this make a mission????

For what is CFBe editor????

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 am

I found documents of KA script, lets read it :) !

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Re: Malfunction Klingon mission builder

Postby DBF68 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Duplicate post.
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Re: Malfunction Klingon mission builder

Postby DBF68 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:08 pm

DBF68 wrote:
LeDaniel wrote:How work klingon mission builder ???

I start klingon mission builder, i see loading sreen, than black screen with -READING IN SYSETM...PLEASE WAIT. And i´m waiting, waiting and waiting,but after ten minutes , nothing change. I press sometimes ESC, and i´m in dark space. OK, but
press Q - i can choose system ?
press M - move builder to where???
press I - adding ships ???
press W - enter stardate ???
press ? - ship available???

How can i with this make a mission????

For what is CFBe editor????

Just recently, I came across this post viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9755 from KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra regarding a gui mission builder he made. I'm not sure if it's exclusively something he made or something he picked up from Lil Dave and made work. Either way, the link to the program still works. Give it a try.

As for the CFBE editor aka the "KA Camera Fly By editing suite", I'd like to know the same thing because I just started to dip my toe into the KA Scripting bit with RHCD's tutorials and that CBFE editor doesn't seem to work. I've added a reference to it in my mission.txt file, plopped the kCFBex.int into the Scripts folder, but when I select it, I get dumped into the same kind of Battle Viewer Deep Space environment without any prompts or cues as to what to do. If you open the CFBe.ssi file from the KAlib folder into Notepad++, the definition declarations give you the impression this is going to be some kind of walk-thru tutorial from within the game enivironment, but so far, it doesn't do jack.

I'm still trying to figure the difference between .ssi and .ssl files.

Also, I did a bit of exhaustive testing recently of all the decompilers from Fallout fan website TeamX Files at http://www.teamx.ru using Google Chrome to translate the Russian to English. As RCHD found, nothing worked that didn't end up being just a big dump file with no structure on any KA .init file I tried to decompile. If anything, I figured I'd try to decompile RHCD's quick.int file to his Modified_Quick_Battle_v375c mod so I'd at least of a working frame of reference against the quick.int source files, but I got the unstructured dump file effect. So, I'm going to have to futz with this stuff some more and hit up my resident experts when I get a chance. KA forum searching has been somewhat informative, but not all the blanks are being filled in regarding various things.

As for the KA Scripting Package klingon mission builder, I got the same effect of nothing happening. Wondering if this shit even works :roll:
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)