Lots of old mods and fix for next gen PC's here!!!!!

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Re: Lots of old mods and fix for next gen PC's here!!!!!

Postby DBF68 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:50 am

Darth Raven wrote:
D3DEMU_NO_CPU_STARFIELD 0
D3DEMU_NO_LOCKABLE_Z .......0
D3DEMU_UI_30FPS.....................0
D3DEMU_KA_LOG.......................0
D3DEMU_LOG_FLUSH................0
D3DEMU_ANISOTROPY 7
D3DEMU_MSAA_QUALITY 3
D3DEMU_FORCE_BLACK_ALPHA 0
D3DEMU_NO_TIME_REDIRECT 0

All that goes into the options.cfg file I'm assuming?

And the install program seems to work pretty well, I used it to make the NGA installer a bit ago. Not bad at all.

No, those parameters go into your OS System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables location. Assuming Win10 searches work the same as with Win7, use the OS search function to search for "environment" and choose the first option "Edit environment variables for your account". There, you'll have to enter these variables and their values under the User Variables for "Account Name". See the info under "Rendering fix & improvements - Configuration" on Komat's website for more details. http://jiridvorak.webpark.cz/ka/

The reason I have 7 and 3 listed for their respective D3D functions is because those were the values below max that kept the framerates from dipping while a vessel was cloaking. Although, I currently use max as the value for both D3D functions. The framerate drop with Win7 doesn't seem as bad as I did with XP under the same circumstances.

Also, D3DEMU_KA_LOG and D3DEMU_LOG_FLUSH are optional and only really good for troubleshooting to some degree. Left on by including them, the text file where game info will be written to will get a bit large. So, those variables are not something you want to have on unless you're trying to figure out if something didn't load correctly, predominantly mod oriented. I say "predominantly mod oriented" because if you look at the resulting text file that is in the d3demu.log, it seems there were some things that weren't quite right at the time of KA's release with the stock stuff, and some of the errors could be misinterpreted as a misbehaving mod.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks for dumbing that down for me m8 lol. Works perfectly! Everything looks so much better now lol. Resolution and GFX are a go :D Thanks!
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 am

OK I got a problem of Romulan Dawn installing but not running when I select the first mission.
Any ideas?

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:01 am

Not off hand. I don't have that mod to even test it. Know where I can get a copy?
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 am

Previous

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)