Let's Build a Starship Sim for KA

DARTH CORLEONE
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Let's Build a Starship Sim for KA

Postby DARTH CORLEONE » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 pm

!Hello All, It's been a long time, and I'm glad to see that this site is still up. However, for how
long it stay up if we don't add something new to this game or create a new type of KA?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few weeks ago I accidently found the DCS World site that offers very realistic sims of military aircraft. The DCS aircraft and helicopter sims gives the player access to all the controls one must use to fly them. I mean everything.
I also found a submarine sim site ( HMS Marulken - Multi Crew Submarine) that allows 4 players to operate a WW2 Submarine. and not to forget an older sim (Steel Fury) that lets you operate a Tirger Tank. So, I said to myself "it's to bad that KA does not have a Klingon or Federation starship sim?".
--------------------------------------------------
To begin this project, we would have to put together a modding team. With all the talent and
experance that the KA members have I think we could start by making 2 sim starships (1-Klingon and 1- Fereration), that would need at least 4 crew members
to operate one. (I'd like to really operate a Brel Bird o Prey or the Starship Enterprise.) Also, we would need to secure some funds (member donations) and get all nessary licences needed.
Just think about it for a moment.; A real starship ship sim with all the controls. cloaking, transportes, inpulse & warp dives and all the other stuff starships have at our fingertips to use in a sim universe MP or SP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't think I'm nuts or something worse, I only offer this sugestion of a KA Starship Sim
because the KA members were modding pioneers many years before there was the technology needed to do more with KA. Please check out the sites for these sims at the sites I've listed below, Then you can understand just what I'm eluding to..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HMS Marulken - Multi Crew Submarine
Check out the kickstarter here!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...
---------------------------
DCS World - Digital Combat Simulator
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/.../world/
Eagle Dynamics
Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a
free-to-play digital battlefield, focusing on military
aircraft simulation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Steel Fury:
http://graviteam.com/games/steel-fury-kharkov1942.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.s. "Klingon Academy Forever"....DC.. :cool:

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Re: Let's Build a Starship Sim for KA

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:00 am

Check out this game: www.quintet.us

There is also Artemis, but I hear it's only 2D movement.

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)