I found a solution to make Multiplayer more interesting

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

I found a solution to make Multiplayer more interesting

Postby teeth_03 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 am

The MP Screen only has 12 slots you can use to add ships, kind of limits the size battles you can have to 6v6.

So in the NGA Mod, I used the Federation Probe as a template and created "Spawners", or invincible ships that fly around launching ships as fighters

I created 1 for each race, with each one spawning 5 ships (I think the engine has a limit of 5 active fighters per ship)

I then created an Allies and Axis Spawn and had it launch the Race Spawners as fighters, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times you can have ships launch fighters that launch fighters, etc.

So using only 2 slots in the MP Screen, I was able to make a large Fed, Klingon, Romulan vs Jem Hadar, Cardassian and Breen battle, it lasted 20 minutes until I just quit out. The AI waste a lot of shots shooting the spawners (that cant die, otherwise all the launched ships die), so I need to see if ECM or Cloak helps with that.

But the point is, I was able to add 30 AI ships into MP without any scripting. I did not test this with any other human players though, probably lags like dog shit.

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: I found a solution to make Multiplayer more interesting

Postby LeDaniel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:14 am

teeth_03 wrote:The MP Screen only has 12 slots you can use to add ships, kind of limits the size battles you can have to 6v6.

So in the NGA Mod, I used the Federation Probe as a template and created "Spawners", or invincible ships that fly around launching ships as fighters

I created 1 for each race, with each one spawning 5 ships (I think the engine has a limit of 5 active fighters per ship)

I then created an Allies and Axis Spawn and had it launch the Race Spawners as fighters, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times you can have ships launch fighters that launch fighters, etc.

So using only 2 slots in the MP Screen, I was able to make a large Fed, Klingon, Romulan vs Jem Hadar, Cardassian and Breen battle, it lasted 20 minutes until I just quit out. The AI waste a lot of shots shooting the spawners (that cant die, otherwise all the launched ships die), so I need to see if ECM or Cloak helps with that.

But the point is, I was able to add 30 AI ships into MP without any scripting. I did not test this with any other human players though, probably lags like dog shit.

I will try it. But, when you fly in Shakurian ships, They have more than 5 fighters. Once, i play mod of KA 3 x more ships and I have about 180 kills :) .

Are you playing MP od Klingon Academy with someone ? I miss Sundey 7 PM multiplayer KA matches :cry: . Now, i play Elite Dangerous.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Im trying to get some people interested in the space Game Junkie Discord

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:30 am

teeth_03 wrote:Im trying to get some people interested in the space Game Junkie Discord

What was the name of the game, which you played before Elite Dangerous ? You fly in space in spaceship and everybody can command one station like engines, weapons, helm, etc….

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Quintet

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 pm

teeth_03 wrote:Quintet

Thanks

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)